sunnuntai 24. tammikuuta 2016

A year in Scotland

In the autumn of 2013 I decided that I'd make my long time dream of an exchange year true. So I applied to Explorius and next spring I was told I have a place. I was moving to Scotland.
I was extremely excited and thrilled to be going to Scotland, since I knew very little about the culture and the ways of life. I didn't have expectations, because it seems to be the case that every year students are let down by the country they stay in. So it's better to have an open mind. I ended up falling in love with the country, scoring an university placement to return to after I finish school in Finland and making new lifelong friends. It wasn't all good though, I wasn't liked by the school administrators, my host mum was quite an unpleasant person making me feel utterly worthless and I got ill very often. Still after all the horrible things happening to me, I'm planning on moving back to Scotland for good and if that doesn't tell you what a wonderful place Scotland is I don't know what will.

There's going to be mostly pictures of different holidays and explanations for them. I'll also just write about what it was like living in Scotland.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti